Wednesday, 4 April 2012

There's A First Time For Everything

Recently I have taken up skateboarding, something I never thought I would take up, but since beginning I have been really enjoying it. I was inspired by the music that I listen to; mainly American Punk Rock from the late 1990′s and early 2000′s. Many members of these bands were skateboarders, and the music is often associated with skateboarding and the whole culture. It seemed like a really fun way to spend my time and get some exercise, so when I found my brother’s skateboard in our garage I decided to give it a go.

I ended up spending most of my free time that week skating up and down the roads in our neighborhood, playing music from my phone, and enjoying the challenges that learning a new hobby presented. Without trying to sound too cringe worthy, or deep, it really felt like I was discovering something that represented who I am and what I enjoy in life. Obviously, learning how to skateboard can be frightening and tough. I have fallen over enough times already, and god knows what will happen when I try to jump of ramps and grind along rails!

Finally, I recently bought my first and own skateboarding from a local store on Queen Street West, and am thoroughly enjoying it so far.

Keep skating, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment